Our client is a high growth, fast-paced Australian organisation with a singular focus and expertise: helping organisations engage customers remotely. You're likely to have been a recipient of their platform before. They have tens of thousands of clients and are at that unique point in the journey where their success in Australia is so significant that it is propelling them into North America.
Right now, they are looking for a Software DevelopmentManager. In this role, you can expect to:
· Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers through their journey to Agile Maturity
· Coach and mentor junior engineers and guide senior contributors
· Own, operate and maintain your squad's services
· Collaborate, and set clear direction and priorities with Product Managers, Architects andTech Leads
· Serve as the team's Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks and handling stakeholder communications
· Create a culture of measured, continuous improvement
· Institute development best practice to ensure your squad produces high-quality, well-architected, and supportable code.
The organisation has a focused tech stack. However, their feeling is any candidate with a strong programming background can transition into their technologies. What is important is the ability to understand complex development concepts, and the ability to lead a team.
To be suitable for this role, you may have some, but not all of the below:
· Two plus, years of team leadership experience
· A people-person, able to attract, motivate, develop and coach top talent
· Strategic thinker comfortable in complex and ambiguous situations
· Ability to translate strategy into actionable team plans
· Skill in the Agile process, continuous integration, and test automation
· A development or system engineering background, with seven or more years of hands-on experience
· Worked across a full-stack, with backend services and distributed systems experience
· Experience in a production Cloud / DevOps environment, desirable
· Strong understanding of IT Service Management
· Operational background, with a good knowledge of a 24/7 service environment
· The desire to help others succeed
The team at Kacha loved meeting this client. They were warm, sincere and with natural energy to them.
If you have experience in technology channel sales and you're up for a high-energy challenge, get in touch with Tasman @ Kacha.