Work with a company revolutionising an old industry. A certified B corporation committed to transparency and making a difference.
*For more roles like this as well as useful content to support job seekers like you, follow Kacha on Linkedin and connect with our team*
Our client’s mission is to provide the fastest insurance at the best price for the world. Insurance is one of the world’s least digitally mature industries - for years it’s remained confusing, paper-based and heavily intermediated. They launched in 2016 to build a global, AI-powered platform that digitises the entire insurance process, making it transparent, less costly and more reliable. They work with many of Australia and New Zealand’s largest brands and leading tech companies such as Telstra, Plenti, ahm, and Energy Australia.Our client is rapidly expanding, last year they doubled in growth and expandedto New Zealand and they plan to do the same in FY22 and expand to the UK.
As a certified B Corporation, they abide by the highest social and environmental standards which includes donating 1% of our profits to 1% for thePlanet.
About the role
As a senior product manager, you’ll be responsible for answering what we should build. In partnership with business stakeholders, engineering, and design, you’ll co-author the strategy and roadmap for your product line, with the goal of each new release making a measurable impact for customers. You’ll also define product requirements and – most importantly – ship new features to market.
This role will provide the opportunity to develop the strategy for a core product and get feedback on your plans directly from the leadership team.
What you’ll do
- Deeply understand businesses’ and end customers’ needs by spending time with users, sales and support and observing patterns across the market
- Interact with business stakeholders and data to translate needs into product requirements
- Define the product strategy and roadmap to prioritise the right customer products for our priority segments
- Partner with engineering and design to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle – everything from definition to priorities to integrations to fundamental information architecture of our products
- Define key success metrics
- Work in close collaboration with teams to ensure our new products work great across all surfaces (APIs, Architecture, UIs)
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of product management experience in fast-growing team shipping products with great user experiences at scale
- Experience leading products that require coordination of many stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Persistence and a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge. You've worked closely with, or have mentored, other product managers
- You’re willing to communicate with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
- Experience working on technical B2B and B2C products
- Technical aptitude. Comfortable with the internal workings of online services and opinionated about APIs Ability to inspire engineering teams to elevate their product ambitions and has collaborated closely on architecture and product decisions alike
Location of the role
Our offices are located in Sydney, the Sunshine Coast, Auckland andQueenstown, and we’re flexible around these three locations.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and be part of a tech company going through a hyper-growth phase. We provide our team with:
- Highly competitive compensation, including share options - we believe in paying people what they’re worth and having everyone in our company share in our success
- High levels of autonomy and trust so you can do your best work
- Growth opportunities internally - as you grow, your role can too
- Flexible working - we are about impact, not time at your desk. We encourage freedom and responsibility, including the ability to work from anywhere
- Annual allowance for professional development - use it towards a gym membership, professional coaching, a conference. Whatever matters most to you
Our client celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all employees.