We feature articles on gender, profession, community and more.
Written by our favourite experts and contributors.
Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
Award-winning journalist Guy Raz has interviewed more than 200 entrepreneurs from across the globe to uncover the amazing true stories behind their success. In How I Built This, Guy Raz shares lessons for every entrepreneur’s journey: from the early days of formulating your idea, to raising money and recruiting employees, to fending off competitors, to finally paying yourself a real salary.
For anyone who has ever wondered how the best became the best - and wants to join them - How I Built This offers a step-by-step guide as to every turn, success, set back and challenge that entrepreneurs face, and equips every would-be entrepreneur with the map and compass for navigating the unexpected path to success. This is a must-read for anyone who has ever dreamed of starting their own business or wondered how trailblazing entrepreneurs made their own dreams a reality.
Along the way, readers will learn how:
* The founders of Airbnb bootstrapped long enough to turn their business into a success.
* James Dyson learnt from his mistakes to protect what he had built
* Reed Hastings developed the unique company culture at Netflix.
* Five Guys burger chain harnessed the power of word of mouth.
* What Tim Brown's Allbirds trainers in New Zealand can teach us about the value of the mantra: iterate, iterate, iterate